Got Into A Car Wreck – What Now?
“Having been involved in a catastrophic car wreck only a few years ago, I know exactly what’s it like to be laid up in a hospital for days, not be able to work or do normal daily activities for months at a time, and stuck wondering how you’ll pay for a new car or your medical bills. I know the aggravation and frustration that my clients face because they can’t drive, must seek medical treatment, or simply hate waking up in the morning b/c they’re sore and in pain. It’s because of this first-hand knowledge that I can relate to my clients on a personal level, represent them so well, and get them the results that they deserve. That is what motivates me to go to work every day and fight for my clients against big insurance companies designed to take advantage of normal, everyday, hardworking people.”
So you’re involved in a car wreck? You’ve got so many questions and concerns and don’t know where to turn. You constantly see TV commercials and hear radio ads with lawyers promising you big money results, but you don’t know if you really need or have reservations about hiring one to represent?
Where do you go from here? Luckily, I am here to lay it all out for you as I have been through the process as both an injured party and a lawyer.
Personal Injuries can cause a great deal of stress and worry not only the victims, but their families as well. When you seek out a lawyer, you should expect them to alleviate some of the pressures and tolls on your life by handling your injury claim for you. When you are hurt in an accident due to the fault of another, you should want an aggressive and experienced lawyer on your side to help you reclaim the losses of your everyday life. You should want someone who is determined to get the best settlement for their clients and will fight for every dollar to ensure that your property damages, medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering are all taken care of and/or compensated.
What To Do If You’ve Been Injured in a Car Wreck?
– First off, call the police department and let them send out a unit to investigate the crash. This will not only help establishing liability for who’s at fault but could also go a long way in supporting your injury claim and getting your car repaired/replaced quicker.
– Next up, you should contact a knowledgeable personal injury attorney to advise you in the best ways to protect yourself and your injury claim immediately from the start. Often times, the other party or their representatives may come to the scene and try to avoid you calling police or insurance companies to report accidents. They may promise you they will “take care of all this” or “make things right by you” if you hold off on alerting the proper authorities. This is only setting yourself up to get burned in the long run and take an amount that is FAR LESS than fair compensation for your property and bodily injury claims.
– Try your best to document the accident as best as you can. Make sure to get the other parties insurance information, vehicle registration, license plate, and driver’s license. If possible, take pictures of the accident, damage to the vehicles, and any injuries to yourself or passengers. You can even try to draw a sketch of what occurred to better help police or your lawyer understand the wreck more clearly. Documents such as these can become very valuable and serve as evidence that could be used to help your claim.
– DO NOT admit any fault in relation to a wreck or injury. Never suggest to anyone such as the police or an insurance agency that it could have been your fault. Should you ever feel pressured into making a statement, your attorney will be able to speak for you.
– Always seek competent medical attention immediately if you’ve been hurt. It’s important that you take care of yourself and do everything you can to speed your recovery. Don’t wait because every day that passes without treatment could impact your injury claim. Please note, that not all injuries require EMS or being transported to a hospital by an ambulance. If you don’t feel that your injuries aren’t catastrophic or life threatening, make sure to tell the police officer that you are hurt, but won’t require an ambulance. Don’t simply deny the fact that you are injured just to avoid those ambulance transport bills. You can always get someone to drive you to a medical facility after the car crash to be examined by medical professionals.
– Lastly, if you are able to, secure the names and information of any witnesses to the car wreck. These witnesses will usually be interviewed by police during the investigation, but don’t take any chances. If someone saw the incident, make sure that you have their information in case there is a liability dispute, or the police report is incomplete. Often witnesses to an automobile collision can make or break an injury case that you may have.
How We Can Help
The Law Offices of Frank J. D’Amico, Jr. employs experienced personal injury attorneys who will represent you in legal proceedings against big insurance companies to insure you get fair compensation for your injuries. For each client, their claims are fully investigated so the case’s strengths and weaknesses are clearly defined, allowing substantial time in order to develop different theories of liability and recovery. Attorneys and staffers work with each and every client, explaining what is happening and why it is happening, so they are better able to make fully-informed decisions regarding their cases. It is the firm’s mission to recoup the maximum recovery for its clients but also to do it in a way that alleviates stress and makes the entire process easier for them. Though clients are very much involved in the process, it is the attorneys and staff who take on the burden of a successful resolution.
We will advise you on how to handle your claim from the beginning, help you seek proper medical treatment for your injuries, hire experts if necessary, and represent you aggressively throughout settlement.
Rest assure, we are lawyers that are here to help you with your claim. I understand firsthand how hard it is to be injured due to the fault of another, be burdened with medical expenses and face uncertainty due to monetary questions. Our experience in personal injury cases allow us to know all the tricks that insurance companies deploy to keep them from paying out a fair amount in settlement. We work tirelessly to help our clients get the fair compensation they deserve for their injuries. We can help you. The Law Offices of Frank D’Amico, Jr. works only in the best interest of the client and our goal is to always maximize recovery for them.
If you’ve been injured in a car wreck, make sure to call our office at (504)525-7272 or (985)807-0007 to set up your FREE consultation and discuss what rights/remedies you may be entitled to. Don’t get muscled around, put the Strong Arm to work for you!